The yellow pages of the 21st century, a Google My Business Page (GMB) offers viable information about your business including location, operating hours, website, and online reviews. When optimized and updated consistently, it’s easier to find your business on Google Maps and Google Search results. Google offers this feature to all business owners for free ( that’s right…free!). Just as easy as it will be for customers to find you, a GMB page is even easier to set up. Check out the Google My Business Help page, which outlines a clear and easy step-by-step process.
For more reachability and a competitive edge, proper management of your Google My Business page is key. You’ll need to update and optimize content (photos, videos, and text) on a regular basis, create fresh posts for promotions and sales events ( if desired), and provide quick responses to reviews. According to a Bright Local Insights Industry Survey, 49% of businesses receive more than 1,000 Views on Search per month, with 5% of Google My Business listing views resulting in a website click, call, or a driving direction request. Google My Business is a beneficial ( and free!) acquisition tool that will point your customers in the right direction.
Optimized Google My Business Results
We suggest completing the following to begin optimizing your Google My Business page.
- Complete all sections of the Google My Business Page profile: A bare page is a boring page, and could very well turn customers away if it doesn’t look and feel like an active business.
- Include Video: From promotional videos to video reviews, a video post on your Google listing will give you an edge and show a more personable side to your business.
- Answer Reviews: Customer service is the lifeline to your business— and online service is no exception. 97 percent of shoppers who read reviews online also read responses from businesses. If you want to rank higher on Google Maps and local search results, be sure to collect reviews and respond in a timely manner.
- Refresh Photos and Content: Add new photos and/or videos on things like new industry safety guidelines and recent projects from start to finish. This is important for the legitimacy of your business.
- Manage your GMB profile on a regular basis: Edit your page consistently. Refresh it on a regular basis and maintain its relevance to help boost your visibility online.
You’re all set to create your Google listing online! But, the work isn’t quite done once the profile is complete. It really does take consistent updating and refreshing to really make a difference in search results—but it’s totally worth your time.
ReviewTube has been helping businesses across North America to build their online reputation through engaging video, management of reviews, websites, and state-of-the-art AI-based services. We take pride in telling a business’s story by knowing the industry, creating compelling video content, and offering full-service campaign management in a very competitive digital age for businesses.