Social media is pure marketing magic. You create a business profile. That’s free advertising. Need to touch base with local residents and businesses? Social networking at your fingertips. Want to spice-up your business profile? Voila! There’s free tools to use to get creative. And, the options are also endless for paid advertising. But, a free and easy platform is not all social media offers, nor is it all you need as a social business. By optimizing your social accounts and paid campaigns, you will generate leads, create visibility online and build trust with customers.
So, what really makes the magic happen? The ability to reach people. And the only way to do that, is to optimize. The art of optimization is more important than ever. 92% of marketers say that social media is an important part of their business. Here’s how to optimize your social media to reach that target audience and make an impression (literally!).
Build an Optimization Strategy
But first, we strategize. Before you do anything to optimize your social media, you need to build a strategy. Twenty-eight percent of brands feel that a lack of strategy stops them from becoming a social business. All businesses need a strategy in order to grow. So, an optimization plan will help build brand awareness and reach your target audience with measurable results. Start with creating goals and build the plan from there. Here are a few things to consider before creating your strategy:
- Discuss goals for optimization and record past and present findings
- Understand your audience for this strategy and then re-target your audience and reach
- Choose the best social platforms to implement strategy
- Create bold new ways to engage using content (like using Instagram stories or a Twitter poll feed to promote their business).
- Research how to use brand-specific Hashtags/usernames and other network Search tools
- Craft posts linking to outside resources
- Gather your research, set your goals and start optimizing!
Content optimization should be top-priority, but is often overlooked. 50% of companies that aren’t succeeding with regular search engine optimization (SEO) aren’t integrating social media marketing either. But, they should be. They are deeply connected. SEO and SMO are successful independently, but both play a HUGE role together. As a result, optimized content drives results. Here’s some tips for how to optimize your social media content to help boost your campaign.
- Perform a Keyword Search. Embed keywords into content. Place keywords strategically and fluently.
- Upload those high-quality images, but resize for the web. A study from B2B Marketing Mentor found that images are the most important method for optimizing content for social media.
- Use a mix of both curated and original content
- Google likes a complete profile. Fill out all sections of your social network profiles and use keywords if you can!
- Create attention-grabbing call-to-action (CTA) like “Share, Shop, For More Info”
- Try a variety of post headlines to attract different consumers
More Tips on How Optimize Your Social Media
- Use video content, but be aware of your audience. 85% of Facebook users want to see videos but without sound, so focus on bold visuals and text first
- Optimize your posting schedule: Create a daily posting frequency, strategize the best time of day to share, repeat posts and re-share across networks.
- Measure your data, always.
ReviewTube helps businesses across North America to build their online reputation through engaging video, management of reviews, websites, and state-of-the-art AI-based services. We take pride in telling a business’s story by knowing the industry, creating compelling video content, and offering full-service campaign management in a very competitive digital age for businesses.
Keep up on the latest marketplace news, trends, and advancements relative to your business. Sign up today for industry leading content delivered straight to your inbox from our ReviewTube panel of experts.